2. Wet clothes dry faster if you keep them under a fan. Why?
3. If you won’t drink enough water, what happens to your body?
4. A village near a river will always get ground water where as a
village which is far away will face acute water problem. Why?
5. You are drenched completely while playing in the rain. But you did not stop playing. To your surprise, your clothes dried after some time.How?
AIR AROUND US
1. Sky appears blue. Why?
2. How the fish could live in water?
3. Your father while going to the office, keep a mask to his nose. Did you ever ask your father why he will keep it?
4. Why mountaineers carry Oxygen cylinders with them while climbing high mountains?
5. If you add mud to water, you observe bubbles in water. Why?
GARBAGE IN, GARBAGE OUT
1. Each tree can make its own manure. How?
2. You have noticed your mother keeping fruits in plastic bags. Is
it safe to eat them? 3. Rag pickers always suffer with diseases. Why?
4. You covered the soil with a plastic sheet and poured water on it. The soil will not become Wet. Similarly you covered the soil with a sheet of paper and poured water. Soil has become wet. Which helps in increasing the ground water and why?
5. Earthworms increase the fertility of the soil. How?
Motion and Measurement of Distance
1. You are given a cotton thread and a wool thread. Which thread can be used to measure the length of an object and why?
2. You have seen your father playing violin.While playing it, you observed that the strings. Are creating the sound.Can you tell due to what motion it si giving the sound?
3. When a fan is rotating , we observe the blades are rotating in opposite direction. Why?
4. While playing a kite you observe the kite motion will not be in the same direction. Why?
5. Name some objects having periodic motion.
LIGHT , SHADOWS AND REFLECTIONS
1. In a completely dark room, can you see your face in a mirror? Why?
2. Why can not we see upside down image of the sun?
3. Why shadows are black in colour?
4. Can you an object through a “T” shaper pipe? If, no, Why?
5. Can you see a reflected light directly? If, no Why?
ELECTRICITY AND CIRCUITS
1. You have observed your father handling the electric equipment by wearing glouses. Why?
2. If you connect a battery cell to the bulb through a wooden stick, the will not glow. Why?
3. Your father applies a tape over the joint of a electric wire. Why?
4. Do not handle the electric appliances when your hands are wet. Why?
5. There will be three colured wires normally used while connecting any electric equipment. What are those colours? Tell which coloured wire gives us electric shock?
FUN WITH MAGNETS
1. When you are listening to song by using a small radio, it gives lot of disturbance when you changing the direction. Why?
2. If you want listen to a song by using a small radio by sitting in a rail compartment, you can’t Why?
3. While storing the magnets, a wooden stick is kept between the two magnets. Why?
4. Do not keep magnets near electronic equipment. Why?
5. Why a wooden piece can not made as a magnet?
CLASS VI –SCIENCE: CBSE TEST PAPER And HOT Questions