(i) There are 5 oranges in a basket of 25 fruits. The percentage of oranges is ___
(A) 5% (B) 25% (C) 10% (D) 20%
(ii) 2/25 = _______ %.
(A) 25 (B) 4 (C) 8 (D) 15
(iii) 15% of the total number of biscuits in a bottle is 30. The total number of biscuits is _______.
(A) 100 (B) 200 (C) 150 (D) 300
(iv) The price of a scooter was Rs 34,000 last year. It has increased by 25% this year. Then the increase in price is Rs. _______.
(A) 6,500 (B) 8,500 (C) ` 8,000 (D) ` 7,000
(v) A man saves Rs 3,000 per month from his total salary of Rs 20,000. The percentage of his savings is.
(A) 15% (B) 5% (C) 10% (D) 20%
2. (i) 20% of the total number of litres of oil is 40 litres. Find the total quantity of oil in litres.
(ii) 25% of a journey covers 5,000 km. How long is the whole journey?
(iii) 3.5% of an amount is Rs 54.25. Find the amount.
(iv) 60% of the total time is 30 minutes. Find the total time.
(v) 4% sales tax on the sale of an article is Rs 2. What is the amount of sale?
3. Meenu spends 2000 from her salary for recreation which is 5% of her salary. What is her salary?
4. 25% of the total mangoes which are rotten is 1,250. Find the total number of mangoes in the basket. Also, find the number of good mangoes.
5. What percent is 15 paise of 2 rupees 70 paise?
6. Find the total amount if 12% of it is Rs 1080.
7. 72% of 25 students are good in Mathematics. How many are not good in Mathematics?
8. Find the number which is 15% less than 240
9. The price of a house is decreased from Rupees Fifteen lakhs to Rupees Twelve lakhs. Find the percentage of decrease
10. 15 sweets are divided between Sharath and Bharath, so that they get 20% and 80% of them respectively. Find the number of sweets got by each.
11. A school cricket team played 20 matches against another school. The fi rst school won 25% of them. How many matches did the first school win?
12 The marked price of a toy is Rs. 1,200. The shop keeper gave a discount of 15%. What is the selling price of the toy?
13. In an interview for a computer firm 1,500 applicants were interviewed. If 12% of them were selected, how many applicants were selected? Also find the number of applicants who were not selected.
14. An alloy consists of 30% copper and 40% zinc, and the remaining is nickel. Find the amount of nickel in 20 kilograms of the alloy.
15. Ram and shyam contested for the election to the Panchayat committee from their village. Ram secured 11,484 votes which was 44% of the total votes. Shyam secured 36% of the votes. Calculate
(i) the number of votes cast in the village and
(ii) the number of voters who did not vote for both the contestants.
16. A man spends 40% of his income for his food, 15% for his clothes and 20% for house rent and saves the rest. How much percent does he save? If his income is Rs 34,400, fi nd the amount of his savings.
17. Jyothika secured 35 marks out of 50 in English and 27 marks out of 30 in Mathematics. In which subject did she get better marks and by how much?
18. A worker receives Rs 11,250 as bonus, which is 15% of his annual salary. What is his monthly salary?
19. The price of a suit is increased from Rs 2,100 to Rs 2,520. Find the percentage of increase.
20. If 25% of students in a class come to school by walk, 65% of students come by bicycle and the remaining percentage by school bus, what percentage come by school bus?
21. In a particular class of students, 30% of them take Hindi, 50% take Tamil and the remaining take French as their second language. What percent take French as their second language?
22. In a city, 30% are females, 40% are males and the remaining are children. What percent are children?
23. A number is increased by 10% and then decreased by 10 % . Find net increase or decrease pe cent.
For All class 8th Maths test paper JSUNIL TUTORIAL